All health coaching transactions are confidential between the client and integrative health coach.
This practice uses the coaching ethics of the International Coaches Federation (ICF) which includes the following:
- Honoring the client as the expert in his or her own life and believes that every client is innately whole, creative and resourceful
- The coaches responsibility is to align with the clients' goals and encourage client self-discovery, elicit client-generated solutions/strategies and serve as a point of accountability.
- In each session, the client chooses the focus of conversation while the coach listens and contributes observations and questions to allow the client to move into action. Coaching may accelerate the client progress.
- Respectful in honoring the contributions of the client and of others
- Strive to recognize personal issues that may conflict or interfere with professional coaching relationships.
- Utilize research with competence
- Accurately create, maintain and store or dispose of any records of coaching work in compliance with the Health Information (HIPPA) regulations.
- Coach sets clear, approriate boundaries.
- Ensures that prior to or at the intial session, client understands the nature of coaching, boundaries of confidentiality, financial arrangement and other terms of the coaching agreement.
- Coach will not knowingly exploit any aspect of the coach-client relationship for personal advantage.
- Coach will seek to avoid any conflict of interest. If such a conflict arises, will openly disclose it and discuss how best to deal with it with the client.
- Coach will respect the client's right to terminate coaching at any point during the process of coaching.
- Coach may encourage client to explore other resources if the coach deems that the client is not progressing toward their stated goals.
- Coach will make suggestions about referral to other healthcare provicers or resources when appropriate.
- Coaches will respect the confidentiality of client information, except as otherwise authorized by client, or as required by law.